FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OW lounges at Finnair outstations
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:28 pm
Steve_Hun

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
OW lounges at Finnair outstations

We have the 3rd party lounge topic, but have no thread to discuss available oneworld lounges at Finnair outstations.

I've just recently came back from BKK and as I was flying AY J, I had the possibility to try out the new QR Premium Lounge. Oneworld status on it's own would not grant you access, you need to fly J or F on any oneworld airline on same day. Also, as I had an AY boarding pass, their machine did not read the barcode and they took a photocopy of my boarding pass and scanned my passport (wasn't really happy about that...)

I was there during the early hours of the day, so food wise it was breakfast service. It is of good quality, but nothing really special to dream about for years to come. There seems to be a separate dining area, that looks like those of CX's F lunges ala carte dining areas. However, there was no such service offered (yet?). So if you are after food during the breakfast service, I'd probably stick with CX's lounge, or JAL's if you are into Japanese food

BUT, there is one aspect in which the QR lounge beats all other options hands down: service. I've never felt more looked after than I did during my stay there.

I think it was mentioned in another thread, but just to reiterate, there is a "dress-code" to enter the lounge: no shorts, or other "too revealing" clothes, like ripped jeans. Part of the rules is that you are not allowed to take a picture or video inside, but I did shamelessly brake that and took a few pics: