FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Go Fast awards no longer a set cash amount????
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:44 pm
synergistic

We've been using GoFast with great success in the past year, up to less than a month ago. Heat wave in Seattle, weekends in Miami this winter, President's day weekend / Daytona 500 and Bike week in Daytona, an upcoming trip to Munich for Oktoberfest... All were at least 1.5c a point worth of value when compared to the cheapest non-hostel rooms available anywhere in the area, and significantly higher value compared to the actual place we stayed - much better locations than the cheapest hotels available.

We paid as little as $45 a night and as much as $90 a night for these rooms, with most of them being $65 a night. A quick check of the website shows that some hotels have switched to cash prices without whole number copays, but many haven't. It's not expensive enough in upcoming weekends to see how different those prices are from what we owere getting - cash prices are too low to bother redeeming. I'll keep my eyes out in the future, in case this change continues to spread.

The 15k awards have set a nice bottom to the value of the points, so I'll be pretty disappointed if that part changes. Wyndham has never been a great primary hotel chain for us, but with Choice not offering anything at all over the winter, Wyndham took virtually all of the stays that would have gone to them.