FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold extended when I didn't want it to be. Can anyone advise?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:31 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Alisonnoonan
Thanks for replying.
You should have an option to choose though! Of course if I hadn't been in a position to requalify in April I would have wanted to have their offer, but I had already spent money on tickets that requalified me. The extra month at the end is worth more to me than my new miles being carried for my next renewal as I plan to fly with them less this year. The programme is deteriorating rapidly to the extent I'm considering Qatar as my other main airline now.
I will keep trying until they give me what I earned. The last email from them contained these words:
As you are aware any Tier review period is valid for 12 months. You need to earn 50,000 Tier Miles within these 12 months. You would enjoy the benefits for 12 +2 months. If a member drops his Tier within this 12 months, he will be downgraded. Later if he earns the required number of Tier Miles after the 14th Month, automatically the system will generate the new Tier review date. This is to be fair in calculating the number of Tier miles earned during 12 months for all our members.

Ironically this is what I am asking for!!!
I didn't earn 50K miles. I did later earn the required miles to generate a new tier review date.
they clearly say the review date will only be changed if you renew after the 14th month.

Not it sure what rapid deterioration you're seeing, the last major change was introducing free unlimited WiFi for Gold and above for all classes of serv