FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold extended when I didn't want it to be. Can anyone advise?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:27 am
Alisonnoonan

Programs: Skywards (Gold), Star Alliance (Gold), Turkish Airlines (Elite +)
Gold extended when I didn't want it to be. Can anyone advise?

I plan my travel very carefully to retain both gold status with Emirates and platinum with Turkish.

My review date with Emirates was 31st March 2018 and I was 87 miles short of retaining gold, but I flew literally the next day and earned 4500 miles, enough miles to requalify as gold on 1st April.

Emirates have retrospectively decided to extend my gold and keep my review date as March 31st 2019 (card valid until end May 2019), but actually this has stolen a month of what I feel I am entitled to.
By requalifying in April I should have a new review date of 30th April with card valid until June 2019.
I have spoken to ground staff at the airport, called the Skywards team in Manchester and emailed 3 times, but they keep telling me that have done me a favour.
It's like arguing with a brick wall.
They are determined that they have done me a favour keeping my renewal date in March and extending my gold benefits (which seem to become less on an almost monthly basis)
Having literally planned my travel to make sure my miles landed on 1st April and not 31st March, and having spent a fortune on flex instead of saver fares I am not at all happy to have a month of benefits stolen from me.

Can anyone advise?
This is the second time they have done something like this.
Last time I managed to sort it out, but this time they seem determined to keep what is mine.

I have way better things to do with my time than try to sort out problems and fight my case, but I want what I have spent a lot of money earning without moving goalposts.
They had shown absolute inflexibility when I had called them earlier in the month to ask if there was any leeway on requalifying. Now I have spent my money accordingly they have changed their minds.

Looks like Turkish will be getting more custom.