FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:47 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by TommyLACA
Just based on the numerous reviews on The London from FT or Tripadvisor, one doesn't get the impression that this particular hotel is up to the Conrad level of service. Their web site doesn't even bare the name Conrad. I"m going to tweet my question to Hilton and see if I could get someone to respond.
I set the Conrad standard pretty low domestically - IME the Conrad New York is terrible service-wise and the Conrad Chicago is just awful from both the hard and soft product perspective, so I just don't have my hopes up for this property either even if it becomes a Conrad.

Originally Posted by jaymay
Only knock is the breakfast setup - as others have noted, the fact that even Diamonds don't get comped the full breakfast is a little ticky-tack. Plus, there is literally no universe in which this buffet is worth 38 bucks. I'd take the spread at the Hilton Midtown, which at least has a good variety of items. There is no bacon and eggs worth $38.
Similar situation with breakfast at the Conrad Chicago when I stayed there, where the Diamond credit didn't even cover most breakfast dishes on the menu - not even getting to adding a coffee or juice! Agree that it feels very nickel-and-dime-y.