FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont 3rd Night Free and Citi Prestige 4rth Night Free
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:52 pm
tisme1

Originally Posted by dmodemd
I have read about people stacking it successfully with 3rd night free benefits. I suggest trying it by booking the 4+ night stay through Citi Concierge and then calling Fairmont with the confirmation and try to apply the 3rd night free to the 3 nights you are paying for. Once you have confirmations on what you are paying from both , you should be good. I have never heard of Citi re-calculating anything after the fact. They give you an upfront calculated reservation showing you paying for 3 nights. What happens after that regarding benefits should not be their concern.

I have used the 4th night free a couple times but not with trying to stack it.
I have a data point to share about stacking the Fairmont 3rd night free and Citi Prestige 4th night free. My husband booked a 4 night stay through Citi Concierge and then I called Fairmont to add my loyalty number and apply the 3rd night free (and suite upgrade). Upon checkout, we asked the front desk to add my husband's name to the folio and email a copy to me. My husband received an email a couple of weeks later from Citi denying the payout for the following reason-- "I am determining this stay as ineligible due to applying a Fairmont Complimentary Night Certificate for the third night.". He called Citi Concierge and informed the rep that the 3rd night free was not a complimentary night certificate but was a Fairmont promotion, Stay 3 nights, get 3rd night free. The rep said she would add notes to his case and asked that he reply to the denial email and attach a copy of the folio. He received the payout from Citi shortly after.