FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:44 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TographerE
I just noticed as Gold that with Light I get a free 23kg suitcase as opposed to having to buy luggage.
Nothing new here. This has always be the case for Elites+ pax since they launched those MiNi/light fares.

Curiosity, with the new XP system is there any difference between buying an Economy ticket against a Light ticket?
So if I'm doing Economy say on CDG to LHR, just as an example, which is 5XP do I get those same 5XP if I'm buying a Light ticket?
Yes. XPs do not depend on fare but on class of travel and flight category (domestic, medium haul, etc). Miles depend now on fare paid

The old system didn't seem favorable towards the Light fare but the new system does.
Well...yes and no. The old system was giving you a few miles and a qualifying segment. The new system will still give you a few miles (likely a bit more than before as the light fares are not that light) and it gives you some XPs instead of a qualifying segment. So no big difference IMO.