FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brexit speculation / impact for Finnair
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:58 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005

Furthermore, do you believe a similar situation might occur between the UK and the rest of the EU countries, as well?
I guess what we know is that unless something is agreed flights will stop. There is no automatic fallback, it is either nothing or something newly agreed.

Is any of it likely? I have no idea. On one hand, it surely looks like madness to not get a new agreement.
On the other hand, to me it looks like this is the card UK is playing constantly;
"It would be madness to not have new agreements and so we will demand the unreasonable as EU will have to take it, otherwise they will be worse off".

Finally, there is a very vocal part of UK government advocating an exit without any agreements. Isn't even the current UK position (with the unreasonable demands) an attempt from the PM to find a middleway within her government to avoid an exit without agreements? It is not unthinkable that the PM fails.