FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:52 am
littlewinglet

Programs: All of them
Ok, I'm done with this discussion, because YOU now are making assumptions about MY travel. Like assuming that just because it's lower rate cash paid hotel, it's some dump and I'm cramping my style. Nothing is farther from the truth. Try going to SE Asia, where just about every good cash hotel is well under $100 and pretty nice, and only if you're spoiled with name brand hotels would you spend more.

I too, spend tons of money outside of miles on travel, but I save it on more meaningful experiences, like scuba diving or paying for a guided trek to see some interesting mountain landscape, instead of wasting it on a 5-star vs. 2-star hotel.

Regarding miles and comfort when flying, I'm all for biz class redemptions, but consideirng the ever increasing devaluations, it's hard to justify. Especially United, for example. They don't even let you use the lounge on arrival in US, if you have a connection. What kind of crap is that. I've started flying coach more and more, and instead using my UR points as cash for car rentals.