FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aeroplan vs buying ticket in PY?
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:11 pm
100,000miler

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
aeroplan vs buying ticket in PY?

After much thought, I am now flying to MAD on AC in Prem Y. .

Aeroplan costs were 110,000+ miles + about $1,100+ in J class or in $600+ in Prem Y roughly. Totally unacceptable to this long time SE. I have been an SE for as long as the program exists and I am just shy of the 2MM mark.

So, I have elected to buy a PY ticket on AC for approx $1700 return. PY is fine for such flights to from Europe. At least I will earn +25% COS on these flights towards my 2MM goal.

I intend to save my hard earned e-ups for much longer haul flights where they are more useful. We get so few of them each year now. Not like in the past..

AC gives so few now to its hard earned customers. Basically not much more than 1 long haul upgrade per year.

This is a total lack of respect to its best customers. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL WITH AC LOYALTY PROGRAM.

I have to say that these add ons,esp for SE's, are way over the top. Thanks AE and AC for reducing my benefits. This really sucks.