FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Additional Guest Name field no longer exists in new IHG booking screens
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:02 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
This is what I got from the IHG chat:

"1. Go to www.ihg.com 2. Go to ""RESERVATIONS"" tab and click on ""Manage Reservations"" and enter your confirmation number and last name. 3. The next page will show you the details of your reservation and on the right side of the screen, options as to what you can do to your reservation. On the Manage Reservation Box, click on ""Change This Reservation"". 4. On the next page under Rate and Room Information - Number of Persons: Click on ""Edit Number of Persons"". Change number of Adults to ""2"" and click on ""SELECT TO CHECK AVAILABILITY"". 5. On the next page under Guest Information click on ""Add Guests"" after which just click on PREVIEW CHANGES below and CONFIRM CHANGES on the next page."""
Totally unacceptable and unworkable.

Adding this important info regards 2nd (Addituonal) Guest needs to be an option at time one books (assuming one remembers to search+book as 2ppn. Doing at time one made bookings took < 30seconds, this laborious fudge canes far far longer.

I alwaysensure to add my 'a n other' guest as additional so they can obtain a room key independently from me if they leave their keycard in room when we are separately doing our own things. If not on res, then checkin/reception should not provide access/new-keycard to a 2nd guest.