FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood program not worth trying vs. Marriott
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:35 pm
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by eleen
I Am an avid Starwood customer and recently started trying out some Marriot properties this year since the Merge. I have to say....except for the Autograph collection hotels, my experience with Marriott and Renaisance have been pretty lack luster.
- I have stayed in Marriott before and after the merger (about 50 lifetime nights, I believe). Before the merger I was a regular member. My impression of Marriott was a very similar of Hilton hotels - large footprint in US and a large array of brands nearly mirroring that of Hilton. After the merger I was staying as Marriott PLT and my opinion did not change. Of course, there are some good properties in South East Asia, if you find them in the place you are traveling to.... Overall, your experience is on par with mine. This is scary because of the imminent integration.