FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check-in at Bermuda (BDA)?
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:26 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Check-in at Bermuda (BDA)?

I checked in for our flights leaving Bermuda tomorrow with DL and was rudely surprised to find a warning that we must present ourselves at the check-in counter a minimum of 60 minutes before our flight for document verification, according to the text printed on our boarding passes. Even worse, when I re-read the check-in time page, I realized that I had missed BDA when I looked at it before booking the tickets (it's not listed as "Bermuda", but as "St. George, Bermuda") and that there it says 90 minutes, even with no bags.

I know there's CBP pre-clearance at BDA and presumably that has something to do with it, but Canadian airports also have pre-clearance and aren't subject to any extra time requirement, other than YQR, nor is any doc check required before getting to the gate. Neither AA or B6 seems to enforce any abnormal check-in procedures at BDA either.

Can anyone shed any light on (a) whether the limit is the 90 minutes from the website or the 60 minutes mentioned on our BPs and (b) whatever the limit is, how rigidly DL enforces it?