FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unadvertised suites
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:04 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
... making a dummy booking, as I've done before.
​​​​​​Hopefully anyone who makes a double booking will be denied an UG and possibly not even given a regular room. The rules are clear that UGs are at the hotel's discretion, No guest is entitled to an explanation or appeal on that decision. Taking a room out of inventory when there is no intention to actually pay for the room is wrong, even if it is only for a second. Marriott is not a great program for UGs. For those that UGs are important there are other programs. If you think you have been treated badly let that be known on TA, FT and the like and elevate your concern to MR, but playing a game with a desk clerk or manager who has his/her instructions is unfair to that frontline employee. If you want a suite, reserve a suite. If the hotel shows no suites available, call the hotel and/or stay elsewhere.

Once in Hungary a friend and I checked into KLM and our seats had been reassigned to the last row, two middle seats not together. There was no premium line, so we got at the end of the regular line and waited forty-five minutes. A woman from the airline came over and I explained I was DL Diamond, there was a mix-up, yada yada. The woman pointed to the other people waiting and said they were all Diamond, too, so I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor came over, apologized and upgraded us to first class. Twelve years later my friend is still mortified at my asking for the supervisor. She uses the term "DYKWIA" all the time now. Once I realized how I looked I try not to act like an entitled butt.

And this is what people think we look like when we act entitled: