FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:42 am
Andy82

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Goldorak

No, it’s not gone. I found it (the XP calculator) but it’s deeply hidden. I can’t post a link now but will do later.

Also, all the bookings in the AF and KL apps indicates the correct number of miles you will earn. I checked all of them and this is all correct. Good to know that the numbers are correct as it is not so easy to know the price before tax and the YQ surcharge.
I still have problems with a couple of flights.

The first one is a business ticket with Z KL fare + O AF fare. CAG-FCO-AMS-ZRH all KL marketed and ZRH-CDG-MXP all AF marketed.
First error is the total amount of XPs: the KL app+website reports a total of 60 XPs, that is, there are 6 XPs missing corresponding to the CAG-FCO segment, which is KL marketed / AZ operated.
I guess the problem with this flight is due with the difference between the fare code in the booking (which is J / business on the KL codeshare) and the cabin of the flight (which is *Economy* only).
I used to take full J earning with the previous scheme, so this is why I assumed 6 XPs to be gained in this case (that is, domestic business). However, the scheme always talks about earning according to the *cabin* of the flight, so ... it could also be "just" 2 XPs.

Second problem is the # of miles on the same flight. According to the ticket I received from AF and my calculations with Expert Flyer, the total fare amounts to 509 EUR (no other surcharges since this is a european MH flight), which should give me 4072 miles. However, the KL app and the KL website show a total of 3604 miles to be earned. I guess I'll have to wait for a few days before discovering how this flight will be counted...

Last edited by Andy82; Apr 1, 2018 at 11:52 am Reason: some further details.