FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:06 am
ft4lyf

Just an FYI:
For those who are trying to use the MasterCard promo to add on to this fare:
The MC promo is "up to" 25% discount. It is run by a third party travel company (not MC)...
I priced out an itinerary Chicago-India-Chicago roundtrip using CX.....I got a 5% discount from the "base fare"....worked out to about 100$ discount in total
(did not buy ticket...just wanted to see what they offer).

I also asked the agent to price out the same ORD-India-ORD itinerary with a one-day stopover at HKG.
In this case, they (the travel agency) priced it as "USA-HKG-USA" plus "HKG-India-HKG" !! This way, the price obviously went way up (thousands of dollars higher).

So, in my case, the MC program only worked for a round trip fare.
Also, the MC discount was only 5%.

The agent on the phone was not exactly very competent though....she was struggling to find the one single CX non-stop from ORD to HKG!!! Then, she had to disconnect the phone and get back couple hours later as the flight "did not show in their "GLOBAL" System".

I highly doubt I would buy from the MC travel agency...unless I actually get the 25% discount. Not confident I will get reasonable after-sales service.

Another annoying thing was that she would not answer any of my questions without getting me to be a "member" (which means, name, phone, address, etc).