FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA DEN-NRT in Y...are slippers provided?
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:02 am
JMBResona

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Yeah, flew JL long haul pretty much exclusively for the past 3-4 years until my status ran out. Flew NRT-CGK several times too, though admittedly not TYO-HKG.

But speaking of HKG, the 763 for the last NH HND-HKG flight I was on was ancient. I swear I could've counted the number of pixels on my IFE screen. Obviously JL has similarly old 767s on that route, but still...

second meal was Chicago dog as the meal
OK, clearly that's quite poor, but TBH I never really cared for food choices in Y, and I always enjoyed the unique ex-TYO second meal on JL (Gyudon, Mos Burger etc)

And are you really going to rail against JL for being (relatively) slow in retrofitting their seats in the few years following their bankruptcy/restructuring?

My point was just, I think JL is more NH-tier and tier than AF-tier (but then again, so are many other airlines on that list). There's really no difference to me between NH and JL, both are great, and are certainly heads and shoulders above US carriers.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 1, 2018 at 4:57 pm Reason: removed unneeded, OT comment