FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:38 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by KT550
3. It used to be that if you wanted to fly aboard a DC-9-10 out of Reno in late 1985, you called Hughes Airwest. Not anymore. Three different airlines operate the “Baby Nine” into Reno. Can you identify each airline?

All Star Airlines
KT550, You Da Man!! ^^

All Star operated one roundtrip flight from Reno to Portland followed by one roundtrip flight up to Seattle. Both flights operated Tuesday, Friday and Sunday with the DC-9 doing the PDX round trip first and then, following a 25 minute turnaround at RNO, heading up to Seattle and back.

Which brings to mind a quick BONUS QUESTION:

Two other airlines competed with All Star on the RNO-PDX market. Both of them also offered nonstop flights. Who can identify those two airlines?

And with that we'll close out my diminutive set. Thanks to one and all for helping to clear those off in an expeditious manner. I have a few more questions ready to go but with my departure for everywhere from Boston to Vientiane fast approaching, I think it best I hold off on presenting those until I return in early May.

In the meantime, word is our pal jlemon has a new set ready to go in the next day or so. And, as always, should any of you care to take a stab at presenting a few of your own questions, our community is always appreciative of your contributions.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 31, 2018 at 6:50 pm