FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:16 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
How worried should I be about strikes later in the month?

Need to fly MAD - ARN. Would prefer to make it an all ST itinerary and do MAD - CDG - ARN on AF (and include it on the same ticket as my flights to/from the US) but concerned I'll get stuck along the way (and this is for work have to get to ARN)
Originally Posted by Keith2004
This is getting ridiculous, when was last time strikes were this frequent?

I have a couple AF flights WAS-CDG-Asia and I am wondering about them....
....kinda regret booking them, certainly wont again, not worth the Will they/Wont they/they just did strike anxiety

I know many here are saying they are used to it, or say it is no big deal, but this does their brand no favors (Not that AF or its employees care, French Gov will ensure AF never fails completely)
With increasing competition from ME3 or even other European airlines with much less volatile labor environments.....more people may ask why book AF at all
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
It's worth not having the hassle
I flew the 24th in/out CDG without any effect of the strike the day before, yet tomorrow 2/3 flights on my route are canceled, leaving an A319 for that sole flight.
It's just not worth the hassle at all. Decided on my upcoming work trip to just book BA instead of AF for MAD - LHR - ARN (Iberia and Norwegian direct times didn't work). I'm a ST person but not worth the hassle of having to check on whether there are strikes / flight cancellations during my meetings in Madrid, I'll survive without the extra few DL SkyPesos and the fact that BA is running a 777 from MAD - LHR is a nice benefit.