FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Itinerary planning - Pisa in AM and PM train to Venice
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:43 am
miles_navigator

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Itinerary planning - Pisa in AM and PM train to Venice

My kids want to see the leaning tower of Pisa during our trip to Italy. I know it is a side trip from Florence. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Florence. I am considering Pisa on the day we check out and head to Venice.. I want to check out of the hotel in the morning and go to Pisa in the morning and then take a train from Florence to Venice that late afternoon/early evening.

What is is the optimal to book the train from Florence to Venice so we aren't rushed and stressed trying to get back to to Florence? Realistically, I can me on a ~ 10AMish train from Florence to Pisa if that helps with the timing. I don't want to book a last minute train the day or because of it is more expensive (there are 5 of us).

Also, is taking the train the best option from Florence to Pisa or should we join a guided morning bus tour instead?

Kids only want to see the leaning tower and don't want to climb it. I have done both in my younger days so mainly doing Pisa for my kids.

Suggestions welcome.