FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:28 pm
Marambio

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Knowing that a rebooking is never a walk in the park, I arrived at FCO today with plenty of time. Upon checking in at the Magnifica counters, the agent couldn’t find my booking and I had to walk to AF ticketing to get it sorted out. No big deal, but it took some 10/15 minutes for the AF lady to do whatever she had to do. Then I went back to AZ to finally get my boarding pass. The AZ staff found funny that “this time it is not Alitalia who is in strike”.

Overall I am satisfied with how the whole strike rebooking thing went, but I don’t plan to fly AF in the coming months (actually, my next intercontinental flight is, go figure, on AZ). A big part of spending a lot of money on (premium) travel is not having to bother about it – buy the ticket, go to the airport, board the flight. I wouldn’t know whether or not to give thousands of dollars to Air France over the next months, given what is going on.

Ciao from Casa Alitalia at FCO. Their Aperol Spritz is pretty good - not missing any Salon Air France thus far