FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa, Doha, Qatar [Master Thread]
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:29 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Halfway through my ninth stay and I can comfortably say that overall standards are DOWN.

Lots of new faces at the hotel and many of them, despite their good intentions, are woefully inexperienced. Everything from not understanding basic questions to no coordination [i.e. I asked where my MAGC voucher was after leaving the sign outside the door the afternoon before, a housekeeping member telling me that the reception bills points and then a reception agent saying I need to request it from housekeeping]. I also had an irritating incident where I was out for the evening and left the Do Not Disturb on, came back and found a card under my door saying that staff tried to come around to deliver amenities. I called them and asked about it, only for the Service Express to sound bewildered and say he’ll follow up. An hour and no call back later, I follow up and he says he’ll check with in-room dining about and get back to me. Here we are, sixteen hours, two visits to the reception and four phone calls later and I have yet to receive the mystery amenities.

Lastly, I’m in the club lounge as I type grabbing a snack. An older female guest walks in wearing a one-piece swimsuit and a sheer dress on top of it where EVERYTHING is totally visible. She wanders around the lounge with it open, collects food and sits down, even being served by the staff member in the lounge. I’m as open-minded as the next person and a big believer in live and let live, but surely a *tiny bit* of discretion? If not by the guest, then surely the staff can politely ask the guest to dress up more appropriately?

A series of unfortunate little mishaps, but this is spelling my last stay at this hotel.

khabah

Last edited by khabah; Mar 30, 2018 at 4:39 am