FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL's had enough of fake ESAs- let's hope WN is next!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:43 pm
synergistic

Originally Posted by kb9522

Or in other words they do not need assistance or preboarding. They need a seat in the front. The rest of us pay for that privilege.

You and others can continue the insults all you want, it doesn't make you correct.
On an open seating airline, requiring a seat up front is handled by giving them preboard status. Southwest couldn't come up with a better solution, do you have one?

As a related aside, on legacies, an FA would usually let us know when the wheelchair agent had arrived, and we would deplane then. My father could walk short distances - actually much further than the distance of a plane aisle, at least all of the times we took him on air trips - but the full airport experience was much too far for him.

I do tend to agree that someone who needs the wheelchair assist for the distance on the way in should need the assistance on the way out too. I'm not saying there aren't people who abuse the system, but I don't think the situation described sounds like abuse.