FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates needs to cut down on special meals
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:46 pm
cheyru

They have already cut down the special meal. There used to be vegetarian lacto ovo, seafood meal, etc, now all the vegetarian variety fell down to vegan meal, jain meal and raw meal.
As a person who don't eat creatures that either walk with 4 feet or have wings, and usually among the first who receive meal before other passengers, I can understand why people would hate us.
I normally try to sit as front as possible and wait until my neighbour received their meal before commence eating, so that the appetising aroma from my tray doesn't cause excessive salivation to the poor passengers sitting next to me who have to wait until their meal served (unless they ordered special meal too, in which I won't hesitate to open the foil and eat up).
I agree with Saltire74, pre-ordering meal would be the best way, so the flight attendant can distribute the meal immediately without even need to ask, saving much time.
Or maybe us who ordered special meal could have ours delivered last after everyone else to avoid jealousy and awkwardness when you have a meal tray in front of you while everyone else starvingly staring at you.