FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - August&September mean expensive flights US to China
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:02 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by letsgook
Thanks everyone. I have checked LAX - even more.$...so think I will wait it out for a bit. Never flown Any Chinese airlines..will look. Any opinion on them? Weirdly the fare is lower (the $5200) when I fly out of my small city connecting in SFO than if I fly out of SFO as starting point. I can bring the price down about $500 pp on UA with 1 stop on NRT homebound but if The flight (ANA) connecting at NRT is late...could miss the UA flight because of terminal change and UA’s reputation of not waiting for connecting passengers. Again - thanks - appreciate your taking time to respond!
It really is funny how that works right? I'm FLL/MIA based but I find myself looking for YYZ based TPAC flights because the repositioning to YYZ usually only costs me $200 but I usually end up saving $1-2K or more by flying out of YYZ and rarely add much more to my travel time because I'd have to fly to JFK, DTW or ORD anyway. Definitely look at some of the surrounding airports, I guarantee you'll find at least some savings.

I've only ever flown mainland Chinese airlines within Asia which is going to be a much different experience than a TPAC J flight so I can't really help you there, but they have their pros and cons. I wouldn't pay $2K+ more just to fly UA/AA/DL if one of the Chinese airlines had a better fare.