FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:16 pm
Primenumber

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
I am booked on IAH-FRA-VCE in business next week. Sadly, I don't think first class is going to open up for us. We have almost a 4 hour layover so I do have some questions.
1. I hear the arrivals lounge is nicer than the business lounge. Is this correct?
2. If 1 is correct, does it make sense to sleep through breakfast on the plane and have it in the arrivals lounge?
3. Which lounge is likely to be closest to the get for our FRA-VCE flight?
Thanks!
Hey NDtraveler,

Of course, it always depends on your priorities. The arrivals lounge wins (imho) in terms of food and shower availability. It loses in terms of view (there is none in the arrivals lounge) and ease of process as you have to go landside and later airside again (probably a non-issue with your length of layover).

I personally always prefer to have a full dinner and then sleep through breakfast on all but the longest TATL flights. And yes, the selection in the arrivals lounge is nicer than on the plane.

Just looked at the departure gates for LH 326 for three days - twice an A gate, once a low B gate. In all these cases I would visit one of the business lounges in A (either close to A13 or close to A26), albeit the walk from there to the B gates is a bit longer (and uses the A-B tunnel).

Hope this helps. Have safe travels

Primenumber