FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow to King’s Cross to Edinburgh
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:43 pm
Pa Kettle

Originally Posted by stut
Not bad! If you haven't printed/downloaded the ticket yet, you can also select seats via the website.

If you want to save time before arriving, incidentally, it is now possible to buy the Two Together Railcard as an app (Apple & Android). You don't need a data connection to use it (although you do, obviously, need some battery life...) If you'd rather have the paper version, it's not a lengthy process - you can download the application form in advance from here:

https://www.twotogether-railcard.co....%20Form(1).pdf

and simply go to a ticket office - with passport photos. Note that standard UK passport photos are slightly smaller than US ones (35mm x 45mm instead of 51mm x 51mm). Not normally an issue, they just take a pair of scissors to it, but do try and pick ones where you don't completely fill the frame.
Thanks. I chose seats on the right-hand side of the train for both trips. A suggestion made by Oxon Flyer. I also opted to pick up the tickets at the departure stations and will buy the Two Together Railcard when we get to KGX. And, I did print out the application to fill out in advance, but thanks for the tips on the photos.