FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Iberia VISA: 50k for $3k spend or 75K for $10k or 100k for $20k.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:16 am
Brussels

Approved

Originally Posted by Brussels
Applied a couple of days ago. Over 5/24. Got the “wait 30 days message.” No further update so far.
I waited a few more days before calling Chase again. Good news, after verifying my identify and waiting a few minutes, I was approved for an Iberia card.

Timeline: As I mentioned, I didn't receive immediate approval of online application. After a couple of days, I called the automated line to check application status and received "30 days" message. I called that line again after waiting an additional couple of days and the status message had changed to "7-10 days."

I know that forum members generally caution against calling Chase if not approved for new credit cards right away. For what it's worth, I've generally disregarded this recommendation. To date, on business and personal cards, I've never encountered hostile questioning in such instances and have always been approved in the end.