FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ski-in/out resort
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:39 am
evergrn

Kiroro

Enjoyed Kiroro a lot. I think it's a fantastic mountain for beginners. There is a long green run along Nagamine #1 Express and along Yoichi #1 Express, respectively. There's another wide shorter green run that descends down the other way from the top of Yoichi #1 Express. Those three, plus a lower-intermediate run along Yoichi #1 , should together keep a beginner entertained for a couple of days.

For intermediate, there's a lot of options as long as the upper halves of the mountains (Nagamine and Asari) are open. There's a couple of fantastic runs from the top of Nagamine that I kept doing over and over. The view from up there is unbelievable on a clear day like when I was there. From the top of Asari, there is a long intermediate run that's fun during the first half. But the last half is basically bunny slope grade and you have no choice but to ski all the way to the bottom on that run. In fact, the problem with Kiroro is that a lot of runs eventually end up on the left side of the lower half of the mountain which is quite flat. The other issue is that, when the top portions are closed (as was the case the week before we went), I don't think it really has much to offer for anyone besides beginners.