FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To Car Seat or Not To Car Seat, That is the Question...[Merged Threads]
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:49 pm
mmuse

Car seat vs. BA Britax baby seat

Not sure if this question belongs in this thread but here goes... I am planning a trip from Singapore to London with a toddler who will be 23 months' old at the time of travel. Having a hard time deciding between these options:
  • Flying BA and reserving one of the Britax baby seats. We had a good experience on a long-haul flight via BA when baby was 11 months - the Britax baby seat thing they have was great as she could be buckled into her own reclining seat. She slept super well and the flight was a dream. However at 23 months I fear she would have outgrown the seat and be uncomfortable. Does anyone have any experiences with the BA Britax seat for a toddler approaching 2?
  • Flying SQ and buying her her own seat w/ car seat installed. If the Britax baby seat is out of the picture then our airline of choice would be SQ, and we would bring along an approved car seat (Cosco Scenera NEXT). However, SQ requires car seats to be forward-facing. My concern is how well she would sleep in an upright position without recline. I imagine it would be quite uncomfortable. Again, anyone have experiences with this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by mmuse; Mar 26, 2018 at 11:50 pm Reason: formatting