FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:58 pm
Mycell

Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks, Mycell. That seems like excellent value. We'll have only rollerboards, so saving 2000 yen per person seems worthwhile.

When I go to google maps, it says I can take the Marunouchi line from nearby Nishi-Shinjuku Station to Tokyo station where I'd grab the Access Narita bus. Is that correct? This sounds easy; other than "not wanting to thinking about it" and just getting the expensive airport bus from the hotel, why wouldn't I do this? (I see the Limousine Bus does offer some ROUNDTRIP discounts if you originate at Narita, so for folks starting there after a long flight, the savings might not be great enough to make the switch at Tokyo Station).

The Access Narita bus seems to run quite frequently. Like every 10 to 20 minutes. I assume there's never a backlog?

Meanwhile, does anyone also have any similar "tricks" to get from Haneda to the hotel? I do see that the Limousine Bus offers a "Limousine and Subway Pass" deal from Haneda (there's also a deal from Narita). From Haneda, it's "3,200 yen for Two bus tickets and 48-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket," and "1,800 yen for One bus ticket and 24-hour Tokyo Subway Ticket."

Limousine and Subway pass Information Airport Limousine Bus

The deal for 2 sounds OK, as two regular one way bus tickets would cost 2460 yen total. But I also recall that not all intra-Tokyo transport is by "subway" -- there are other "rail lines," too. Right? And what does an individual subway ticket cost: is it something like 200 yen? What has been the experience of others staying at this hotel: how much have you used the subway, and does a subway pass make sense?

Thanks.
“it says I can take the Marunouchi line from nearby Nishi-Shinjuku Station to Tokyo station where I'd grab the Access Narita bus. Is that correct?”
This is exactly what I did! As the underground from Hilton is so easy to walk to Nishi-Shinjuku.

And here I also suggest an app for everyone (not sure if you can download though, because I base in Hong Kong)—> 乗換案内
https://www.jorudan.co.jp/

You can type stations in english (then it will come up few areas in Japanese, but if you type the whole spelling correctly then the result should be correct)
it provides few route options and you can choose from how much time/yen you need. And much more to explore by yourself. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by saaveraward
If someone can refresh my memory... If you head down the escalator from the lobby, you will end up at Nishi-Shinjinku Station. Is there signage or you'll just run in to it? After arriving at Nish-Shinjinku, is there signage back to the Hilton?

Can I buy a 24 hour pass there (cash only it appears)?

I've decided to put on my big person pants and actually attempt a few rides.

As I recall, there is an indication on the exit map in Nishi-Shinjuku metro, be aware that exit will be closed with a gate by 9 or 10pm?
If you walk from/to Hilton and Nishi-Shinjuku, you will have to walk that underground path (just on the left side if you are just outside Hilton enterance or take lift on the right side inside Hilton to basement)

not sure about the pass, as I always use their IC card
but I suppose the pass can be bought with the machine by cash

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 26, 2018 at 10:54 pm Reason: Consolidation.