FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz NOLA Club worth it?
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:33 am
juuceman

The Club in New Orleans is basically a separate hotel within a hotel. It has been consolidated with the Ritz at this point, but there are still signs for the private entrance and the rear elevators if you prefer.

The Club is very good. Rooms are much nicer and more recently renovated/refreshed. The Club concierges and attendants are really good and on top of their game. There is a 24-hour self-serve area that has packaged snacks, jars of candy and cookies, coffee, teas, soft drinks, and a beer fridge - I don't remember if they lock the beer fridge after a certain hour at night, but it's stocked with 10-12 local and larger market beers. Lot of Abita. The lounge itself can get crowded, especially at breakfast. They do a buffet setup with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potatoes, and then various cereals, fruits, yogurt and cold cuts, etc. Lunch is a soup of the day, a pasta, wraps or sandwiches, and various salads. Dinner is appetizers and then they do a large desert setup. Cocktails are available throughout the day, they have a large walk-in with chilled martini glasses, etc. in the back and they'll make you whatever you like with a decent selection of top shelf liquor. A dozen or so wines available by the self-serve glass including sparkling wine.

I think that it's right on the verge of being worth $200/night for two people - breakfast from room service will be ~$100/day and the bar downstairs is really nice. Jeremy Davenport puts on a good show on the weekends in the bar area while the Club lounge is quiet in the evenings. The lunch and mid-afternoon snack is fine if you want something in house, but I prefer to walk over to Mr. B's or Galatoire's. On the other hand, it's almost a wash between breakfast and 1-2 cocktails/person.