FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA [Master Thread]
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:24 pm
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
That Starbucks is crazy expensive too. I recently stayed and thought for once I'd try the voucher and it basically got me a latte, yogurt and 1/3 of a banana.

FWIW: there is a real Starbucks in the mall just inside the entrance as you cross the bridge from the Westin, not a far walk.

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
So I‘m currently staying here for 3 nights.
Overall a solid choice and I‘m definitely a fan of the location.
Platinum status got me one of those deluxe rooms on the highest (16th) floor. Nothing extraordinary, but solid Westin standard. I actively asked about suites but it‘s true that they have few and hotel was actually fully booked on the website.
Staff is extremely friendly, from doorman over restaurant waiters to reception staff.

Regarding platinum breakfast: I suggest spending your vouchers at the inhouse Starbucks. Staying as a couple, you get 24$ credit which gets you an ok selection for breakfast. We also tried the continental breakfast at the restaurant which was good quality, but overall underwhelming a bit (see photo), also really lacking protein (how about some scrambled eggs?). Prices at the restaurant were outrageous in my opinion.