FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask the staffer
Thread: Ask the staffer
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:08 pm
PoincianaKings

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm not staff. The one thing I can contribute is that Manage My Booking is actually correctly auto-adjusted when there is an infant in the booking, so that on some aircraft you may see a set of alternating row blocks of available seats, assuming no other passengers have taken them, representing the extra mask seating areas.
Thanks for the input CWS but I'm not sure that is correct, unless I have misunderstood your point.

I have now booked four flights, all on A320 family aircraft, since my last post. On each occasion, despite there being an infant in the booking, the seat map shows pretty much open availability (like there are only 9 blocked seats on a 320). The seat map doesn't, however, block seats where there isn't an additional oxygen mask above. Rather frustratingly it shows all seats as open but when you click to select a seat (which doesn't have the additional oxygen mask above) you are presented with an error message and told to call BA. I am surprised that FLY (if this is operated by FLY) can't auto block seats where there is no oxygen mask above. Of course, I am presuming that there is commonality as to where the additional oxygen mask appears.