FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyClub Access - 5,000 miles ?!
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:36 pm
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
You folks are talking about members bringing in guests for 2500 miles.

It is not clear from OP's post whether he is a club member.
It's part of the same enhancement (without quotes) that allows one to use miles to pay for more things that previously required cash. Whether it's 5000 miles for a non-member pass or 2500 for a guest, it's the same concept.

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I just realized this also. In addition, it seems that Sky Club has the lowest membership fee if paid by miles: only 47k! In comparison, American requires a whopping 85k miles for an annual lounge membership, while United charges 70k (I am talking about general members.) It seems that this is a quite decent use for SkyMiles?
Well, it depends on what you're comparing against. At $495 vs 47k, the redemption is just over 1cpm, which is sort of the baseline. If I used that 47k towards a partner J redemption, I'd probably get more value out of it, but if I mostly travel domestically then maybe the 47k is a good deal. What AA and UA charge is sort of irrelevant, since you can't use SkyMiles to pay for either.