FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Booking needs Change due to Renovations
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:43 am
olympian

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
This was the case. I thanked her for the advanced warning, and politely asked if they can rebook me in the IC Muscat for the same nights. She did not answer my question/proposal, instead deflecting by saying the Inter will be going renovations and only 50% will be open for booking. She then mentioned the 2 other IHG properties, the one next to the convention center and the one next to the airport. From my understanding, the CP and the Intercontinental were similar vacation/holiday type hotels with pools and access to the beach, while the other Muscat properties are geared towards business or long layovers.

I guess I'll politely press a little more to rebook into the IC, but now I'm afraid of the extent of the renovations. I will ask if the pool and area leading to the beach will still be open.
Your best bet right now, as others have already suggested, is to contact IHG rather than the hotel. The hotel is probably hoping that you just cancel your original booking as they don't then need to do anything else, whereas with IHG Customer Care you'll have more chance of being rebooked into the IC.