FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS IRROPS crazy making
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:07 am
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
AS IRROPS crazy making

Hi all: I'm a DL flyer, though back when AS & DL were married I flew AS a few times, but on DL tickets so really did not deal with AS directly so much.

Yesterday, my flight from SNA-SFO was "cancelled" (or so I thought). OK, not great, but stuff happens.

However:

1) I received no notification of this, I just happened to check before leaving for the airport (and yes, they have my contact info).
2) AS provides absolutely no way (that I could find) to manage anything online or in app in this situation, and then it was a 45 minute hold to call.
3) Two hours after cancellation (and me calling to get a refund after confirming with the agent that it was cancelled), I received an email telling me that my flight would now take place but would fly into SJC instead, with a shuttle provide. However, when checking the flight app, it still stated, in big red letters, CANCELLED.
4) At this point I had already rented a car and was well on my may on the 7 hour drive, but who even knows if that flight flew or not.
5) I just checked the flight status, and it is showing that the flight did in fact take off and flew into SJC, and was only 90 minutes delayed. Its rather infuriating that I spent the day driving after being told by the agent that this and the next flight were cancelled.

Is this normal operating procedure? I don't blame AS for having issues when there is bad weather, that's fully understandable. But what's up with the conflicting information and lack of communication? And how does a fight get cancelled and then fly? And why are there not online tools for managing this?
Should I contact someone about this?