FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Booking needs Change due to Renovations
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:50 am
Flamenguista

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Hotels often try to get out of their commitments for cheap.If you stay firm they normally will find an acceptable solution, but it might require a few (firm and polite) emails.
This was the case. I thanked her for the advanced warning, and politely asked if they can rebook me in the IC Muscat for the same nights. She did not answer my question/proposal, instead deflecting by saying the Inter will be going renovations and only 50% will be open for booking. She then mentioned the 2 other IHG properties, the one next to the convention center and the one next to the airport. From my understanding, the CP and the Intercontinental were similar vacation/holiday type hotels with pools and access to the beach, while the other Muscat properties are geared towards business or long layovers.

I guess I'll politely press a little more to rebook into the IC, but now I'm afraid of the extent of the renovations. I will ask if the pool and area leading to the beach will still be open.