FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Thailand / Vietnam / Cambodia
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:50 am
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Sorry, but this is insane. There is no way PP is in any way, form or fashion a better locale than REP.
Insane just due to being an opinion different from your own? LOL

You may or may not be right about SR being overall better. It's quite possible that upon visiting both (if I ever happen to visit SR, which is not in my plans so far) I will say the same. As of now, I assume my opinion won't change significantly.

Once again, I have not visited either of two cities yet. I cannot have a solid position regarding how they compare to each other. I do have reasons to choose going to PP myself instead of SR, which I listed above. What do you wanna argue about? SR is not flooded by tourists? PP is not the capital?

Originally Posted by dsquared37
And you do yourself in by claiming the temples around Angkor are no different than anything else.
You can keep saying that each single thing is always different from any other, and that's hard to argue with. Is Angkor different from … temple? Yes, sure. Is it different enough to justify going to a city only for the sake of visiting that temple? Maybe for you, not for me.