FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Thailand / Vietnam / Cambodia
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:18 am
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by glennaa11
I am surprised anyone would recommend Phnom Penh over SR. PP is traffic choked-nightmare
I believe you refer to me, however I did not say this. As I mentioned above, I have not been personally to either yet and I suppose visiting Siem Reap might be interesting for the topic starter. What I said about Phnom Penh is that I myself would rather go there instead, since Angkor is of little interest for me. Aside from the fact that I simply have seen too many temples, and Angkor for me is just another one, I generally tend to avoid highly touristic spots (crowded, messy, annoying, hard to take nice photos) and do not like being ripped off with double pricing. At the same time, Phnom Penh is a capital, and I, again, generally find capitals to be more enjoyable than secondary cities (there are notable exceptions, like Delhi, Manila and Hanoi) and in any case worth checking at least once. Choosing between a city choked with tourists and a city choked with traffic – to me the choice is obvious in favor of the latter