FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Positive Club World experience
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:26 pm
technical_bob

Programs: BA Gold
Positive Club World experience

I've always been a bit dubious about booking BA J, given the mixed feedback about it online. However, earlier this week I was lucky to get an op-up from WT+ (the double beep absolutely makes my day). For background/comparison, I've in the past used BA F, and the J products of Cathay, Aer Lingus, Air France and American.

Storage: I was initially a bit stuck for where to put my things, given the lack of a side table/ledge, but once underway I found that just using my meal table was no problem, as I could push it pretty far away from me when using it as a place to put my odds and ends.

Privacy: I was on an aisle, but front row in the cabin so nobody climbing over me. I left the operation of the divider at the discretion of the chap in the window seat, who put it up fairly promptly. The crew only took it down when they had to, and I didn't find the face-to-face configuration any more awkward than sitting next to a stranger in older traditional side-by-side seating. Yes, it's not as private as most other products, but that brings me on to...

Sleep: Oh my god, that was the best sleep I've ever had on a plane. The bed just *worked*. I'm sure this is to some extent a taste thing, and I'm 6ft+broad shouldered, but I found the this bed to be more comfortable than any of the other J products I've used. The ability to comfortably turn on my side makes such a difference, and there was none of the lumpyness that some of the seats have in the lower back area.

Service: Crew level of attention was absolutely fine (full flight), the food was OK (I'd say on a par with Aer Lingus or American, but nowhere near as good as Cathay). However, these days I'm not too fussed about the level of ceremony around meals, I kind of like just being brought a tray with something simple on it and getting mealtime over with.

So anyway -- I'm not sure how often I'll pay cash for it, but I was really pleasantly surprised by CW.