FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is an offline transfer from Passaredo to SAA viable in 1h55?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:26 pm
checkerboard

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Is an offline transfer from Passaredo to SAA viable in 1h55?

Originally, I'd been planning a trip from RAO to JNB with LATAM, using their Passaredo-operated codeshare from RAO to GRU, and the JJ-operated flight to South Africa, all booked as a single ticket. Connection would have been tight (1:55), but my bags would have been checked through, and LATAM sold it as a normal connection, so I guess it would have been fine.

However - due to an idiotic travel agent, I just found out that, instead, I've been booked on Hahn Air Systems from RAO to GRU (operated, by the very same Passaredo aircraft), connecting onto the SAA operated service to JNB - and this, on separate tickets, albeit in a single PNR.

I called Passaredo to be sure, and they confirmed that there's no interlining in this case - so I'll be obliged to collect my bags and change terminals with the bus.

My question: presuming the Passaredo flight is on time, is this connection even physically possible to do in the time allowed? And if there's a delay on the Passaredo flight, does ANAC oblige either airline to help me out? [Same PNR isn't the same as same ticket - but maybe, some protections still kick-in]