FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions [2018]
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:52 am
startupflyer

Programs: UA GS, BA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, A-Club Silver, Intercontinental Ambassador
Originally Posted by porciuscato
There is no Global First lounge at SFO anymore. There is no Polaris lounge either. It is under construction for years now. Maybe it will be completed someday. Maybe not.

The old GF lounge is a temporary "Polaris" lounge. I use the quotes because it is actually inferior to a normal lounge, let alone a First or Business lounge. But if you enjoy sharing that relatively small space with ~100 United J passengers along with 50 or so Lufthansa passengers, and fighting over a few scraps of food, go for it. Of course, they might not let you in, since they fill up before the major flight banks.

Aren't you glad you chose United?
Its not ideal, but the international club lounge only closed completely in late Nov, planned to be open in summer (fingers crossed).

They are at least holding an area for GS in the GF lounge, and enforcing it as GS only as well. Personally if I have time and want comfort in SFO I head to the Amex lounge. Fully agree that GF lounge is not great.