FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:09 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
Thank you for taking the time to answer, but that doesn't help much. I have read the wiki numerous times. I am aware that <5k credit line only qualifies you for a Platinum Plus.

My initial question was why my wife would be declined with a 6 figure income, and very high credit score - maybe she violated the churning 2/3/4 rules - so I asked (because I am still unsure if business cards are pulled into those rules - some posts state that they are not factored in, while other posts, simply by omitting the information, imply that business cards are factored in to the churning rules). So I posted her application history to see if some nice and knowledgeable person here could tell me which it was, and if she did/didn't break the rules (hence a 'possible' reason for the denial). We later ascertained from recon that the denial was due to credit being frozen - but this does not answer my initial question - did we violate the churn rules? I also noted that on our 'status pending' page that it states it was for the Platinum Plus card, but I was 100% sure I applied for the Signature card.

@vm81 saw my question and replied that there is no way to control what card you are approved for. I thought that was unusual that there is no control - (assuming the card you were approved for had to have at least something to do with credit worthiness and income) so I asked about it. Again, I am aware of the CL requirement, which didn't seem to apply in our case (unless 6 figure income routinely don't qualify for credit lines above 5k).

I guess if there is anyone who knows if we broke the anti-churn rules, please let me know. Thanks!
This has been going on forever. 3 or 4 years ago, I was approved for a Plat. I called Recon, who then approved me for a Sig in about 2 min. So I clearly qualified for a Sig, yet they randomly approved a Plat. It makes no sense, but this Is how they are.