FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - France - ATC strike 21 - 23 March 2018, MAD/BCN also affected
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:30 am
Samaras

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't think past experience helps here, I'm sure I'm not alone in recalling everything from "all services cancelled" to "pretty much unaffected" and everything in between. You can stare at the crystal ball for as long as you like and still get another outcome.

Where BA is generally getting better is in the pro-active cancellation process, it follows a particular pattern: if they are going to cancel Thursday's flight pro-actively they will do so about by around 17 hrs today, and perhaps a couple of hours before that. So keep your mobile phone to hand (assuming you booked directly via your BAEC account) and think about what plan B looks like using purely BA/Aer Lingus metal. Then call in before everyone else does. That said, LCY seems to take delays more than cancellations, it doesn't often feature in the pro-active listings.
Thanks C-W-S, my booking is through my BAEC account so will keep an eye on this.