FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:15 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
A lot of CX intra-Asia flights and flights to India, the Middle East and Africa are 3-class aircraft without an F cabin. Did you look at the details on BA to see what cabin each segment is booking into? My guess is the CMB-HGK segment is in J. If you ask AS for CNB-JFK they won't see F as a whole but should see J on the first segment and F on the second.
Ok so another interesting development. I called AS again and only asked to search intra-Asia tickets and the representative explained that CX does not permit AS awards from certain destinations... I learned BLR, MAA, and CMB are “blacked out”, but the agent was able to see DEL-HKG, BKK-HKG and SIN-HKG. I went ahead and added SIN-HKG in J to my HKG-JFK award in F (DEL-HKG flight time doesn’t work).

Not sure if the agent is misinformed, but that would explain all the problems I was having earlier.. Not sure if this is a new thing, but one thing a few reps have told me (consistent) that CX does limit certain routes for AS awards.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by seawolf
Row 1 window seats are blocked unless you have OWE/OWS (not sure about OWR). Row 2 windows are blocked as bassinet seats. Calling to request them may yield better results.
OWR is eligible to pick seats in row 1... I added my AA FF # in the CX reservation (AS Award) and viola all seats opened up except the window seats in row 2. Calling typically allows one to select a better seat.