FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babyseat blocked recline
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:33 pm
alexperi

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tryathlete
<strong>If I board a TPAC or even a long TCON and my seat reclines (a function I’ve elected to use by seat selection), and you attempt to stop me from reclining with a “knee defender” or your knees, or a child seat, we’re gonna have a conversation with the FA about it and one of us is gonna be moving or adjusting that “blocker” post haste.<br /><br />What on earth gives a passenger with a child the right to inteude on my space? If the child seat doesn’t fit in the space allocated, without taking some of mine that I’ve paid for, there’s a size problem with the car seat.<br /><br />All this talk talk about safety makes sense but safety has to fit into the envelopenpaid for and not take additional space or it ought to be banned. If your child seat takes up less room facing forward, then that is one solution. If not, move to the bulkhead, or find another seat that fits. </strong><div style="text-align:left;"></div>
<br />I totally agree. I am quite surprised at how many people on this thread are defending the car seat. I have three kids who were all on dozens of flights with me over the years and I would never have dreamed of preventing someone else from using their seat. If I was in the seat in front and was prevented from reclining, I would be furious.