FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clarification on "Stays" for two accounts
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:36 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by lexdevil
I'm guessing that the problem is that you tipped your hand by asking not to change rooms. Had you checked out of one room and checked in to another under the second name, I'll bet the hotel would have seen this as a second stay.
They should not have had to change rooms to have the first folio closed and the second opened. Whether they changed rooms does not matter for the PAG, so I'm putting that to the side, although I've often gotten credit for the second PAG without having to change rooms.You only arrive once and the P&Cs and precedent are pretty clear on only being eligible for the irst PAG. I have done two folios many, many times without issue. When I check in I go out of my way to point out I will need different folios because my business folio needs to only have business charges. Sometimes the DC says the key can only be set up for the first day and will need to be rekeyed for the second day, but there has never been a requirement that both stays be on the same folio. Switching names couldn't be any different as far as closing out the first folio. The OP is being given incorrect information when being told that the hotel cannot close out the first folio and open a second.

Hotels that have not had a problem doing this: The Blackstone in Chicago, both VA Beach CYs, the NYC Times Sq FI, the SF JW, LAX Ren, Carolina Beach CY, Philly CC FS, PIT Chatham Center FS... and these are just off the top of my head places where I have stayed an extra night to enjoy the beach or visited relatives.