FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:08 am
FLYPWM

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
I've cleared JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO (and the other direction) at booking numerous times. Anything from 4 to 16 weeks in advance. I used to be SFO based until a few months ago, so I have more experience with the SFO route than the LAX route, but it seemed that SFO was an easier one to clear ahead of time.

Are you just flying JFK-LAX or are there connections on either end? I ask because one thing I used to do was -- assuming Y prices were the same or close enough -- just book whichever SFO-JFK had availability and then SDC to the one I really wanted (since SDC with an RUC is the same as a paid premium cabin SDC -- even though you'll sometimes want to kill yourself after the 3rd or 4th HUCA with uninformed agents). This carries some risk, because JFK-LAX/SFO do sell out from time to time, but if you have flexibility you won't be totally stuck.
I'm going PWM-JFK-LAX-TUS and I didn't want the PWM-JFK and LAX-TUS portions to clear thus me requesting the JFK-LAX portion only