FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection - Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:45 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
My room at the Majestic was the Presidential Suite in the new tower. It was one of the nicest rooms at any Marriott family hotel. It was a huge, two room suite on a corner with nice views and a great master bath and second bath in the living area. My room at the Ren was a high floor room with a view of Towers. I had to walk up two flights to get to the lounge food. IIRC the lounge in that tower was two floors but most of the food was on the top floor of the lounge. While it was one room, there was a work area in a very large alcove and there was a very nice bathroom. The room was very nice. I went to the other tower later that evening to check out the old school lounge and wound up riding up the elevator with someone from the hotel. He asked if I wanted to see their Presidential Suite. It was like an elegant, large apartment. IIRC there may have actually been a piano in the suite. While I doubt they would give the room to anyone as an UG, it was spectacular.
In September 2017, the West Tower lounge was closed. The East Tower lounge was the two-story lounge. I always used the lower floor, which had a good selection of food, excellent views and, most importantly, was almost never used. Most everyone used the main floor. It's my understanding the East Tower lounge is now closed as renovations are underway on that tower. Originally, the Renaissance was two separate hotels -- the West Tower was a 5-star hotel, the East Tower was a 4-star hotel. Hopefully, the renovations will also address the lobbies, as the present arrangement is kind of confusing and corridor between the two towers isn't that nice nor seamless.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
As for the Majestic's location I was able to walk to Chinatown. A big plus is that it's close to Sentral Station. It's easy to take the train from the airport and hop on the free shuttle to the hotel and back. Many employees depend on the shuttle so it runs like clockwork.
I think if you're at The Majestic for business then it's probably not a good location, but for a tourist it's within walking distance of most of the colonial buildings and not that far from Chinatown. If I recall correctly, it's also a short walk from Lake Gardens, a city urban park and botanical gardens.